Yes. I persist.
I’ve been extremely busy with work. Haven’t we all? I am, in no particular order:
- Working to get Avis Issue 2 off-the-ground
- Organizing a Short Story event all very TBC
- Teaching a short Creative Writing course
- Writing a novel (not really, as in, it’s like a trick-novel)
- Getting shiz published, yo.
On that last point, I have a cluster of new things out in the world.
I have two stories placed with Queen Mob’s Teahouse, which is a primarily-US based kaleidoscopic cornucopia of literary wonder. The stories are:
‘Fallout’ – which is about, partly, a hard-to-remove stain
‘The Goats’ – which is about, partly, the End of Times.
I also have one story up with The Queen’s Head, which is smashing because it’s one of the only UK-based magazines that publishes the work I want to write (which is to say, I suppose, a kind of magical realism):
‘Exit Strategies’ comes with a warning, as it’s a little NSFW, and also might (I hope!) make your soul feel odd.
All in all, I have a lot more writing stuff going on than, say, six months ago.
Peace out, cats.